HealthGrades, the nation's leading provider of independent hospital ratings, has named Phoebe Putney Memorial Hospital a recipient of the HealthGrades Vascular Surgery Excellence Award™ for five years in a row (2010-2014).
Notable Healthgrades recognitions of excellence in quality include:
- Ranked among the top ten percent in the nation for Vascular Surgery for five years in a row (2010-2014)
- Five-Star recipient for Carotid Surgery for three years in a row (2012-2014)
- Recipient of the Healthgrades® Vascular Surgery Excellence Award™ for five years in a row (2010-2014)
- Ranked No. 1 in Georgia for Vascular Surgery in 2013
- Ranked among the top five percent in the nation for vascular surgery in 2013
- Ranked among the top five in Georgia for vascular surgery for five years in a row (2009-2013) Recipient of the Healthgrades Vascular Surgery Excellence Award™ for four years in a row (2010-2013)
- Five-star recipient for vascular surgery for two years in a row (2012-2013)
- Five-star recipient for carotid surgery for two years in a row (2012-2013)
- Five-star recipient for peripheral vascular bypass for four years in a row (2010-2013)
Why are ratings important?
Many hospitals and health systems claim to be among the best. That’s why, when choosing a hospital or health care provider, we urge folks to rely on multiple sources of information – personal and physician recommendations, state and federal licensing agencies and reliable health care rating companies like HealthGrades® – to help you make informed decisions about where to seek care.
What is HealthGrades and what do the rankings mean?
HealthGrades is the leading health care ratings company in the nation, and the only one that evaluates hospitals’ clinical performance solely on objective patient outcomes: risk-adjusted mortality and in-hospital complications.
Each year, HealthGrades evaluates and recognizes hospitals’ performance in more than a dozen specialty areas.
For more information, visit: www.healthgrades.com.