Flu season is here. Due to the rapidly increasing positive flu cases in the region, Phoebe would like to remind the community of the importance of staying healthy and keeping others healthy during flu season. As part of a health alert visitor restrictions have been put in place. Please help us keep patients and visitors safe by following the precautions below.
- If you feel sick or have flu-like symptoms, please do not visit patients in the hospitals.
- If you are NOT actively involved in caregiving, we ask you NOT to visit patients.
The following individuals are high-risk and should NOT enter the hospital except to receive care.
- Pregnant women
- Anyone with a chronic medical condition
- People over 65
- Children, adolescents or college students; only children seeking treatment should come to the hospital.
Flu-like symptoms include:
- Fever (100 degrees or more)
- Sore throat
- Muscle/joint/body aches
To help prevent the spread of the flu, please wash your hands regularly, cover your cough and sneezes, and get the flu vaccine. To view the CDC weekly US flu summary map, click here.