I’ve Just Been Told I Have Ewing Sarcoma

I’ve Just Been Told I Have Ewing Sarcoma

Ewing sarcoma is a type of cancer. It is very scary to be told that you have cancer. You may feel like you’re in shock. You may not even want to believe what the doctor has told you. There are probably many questions you want to ask but you don’t know where to start.

First of all, it’s okay to be overwhelmed. And it’s okay to feel afraid. But you shouldn’t let those feelings stop you from finding out as much as you can about Ewing sarcoma and about the options you have. Because the more you know, the less helpless and afraid you will feel. And the more you know, the better you will be able to work with your health care team to make the best choices for your treatment.

To decide the best course of treatment, your doctor needs to know as much as possible about the cancer. This will involve getting a variety of tests and working with more than one health care professional.

For example, your health care team will include a doctor who specializes in cancer, called an oncologist, and an oncology nurse. You may also see other specialists, such as a surgeon or a radiation oncologist (a doctor who uses radiation to treat cancer). The team will answer all your questions and guide you through each of the steps that you’ll take before, during, and after treatment. Your team will let you know what tests are being done and what the results mean. They’ll help you make treatment decisions. Remember, you can always ask for a second opinion to ensure that you feel comfortable with your plan.

People diagnosed with Ewing sarcoma now have more treatment choices and more hope for survival than ever before. Doctors keep finding new treatments for Ewing sarcoma and new ways to help people diagnosed with Ewing sarcoma have better lives. They are continually learning more about Ewing sarcoma, its prevention, detection, and treatment.


The third-party content provided in the Health Library of phoebeputney.com is for informational purposes only and is not designed to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or replace the professional medical advice you receive from your physician. If you or your child has or suspect you may have a health problem, please consult your primary care physician. If you or your child may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 or other emergency health care provider immediately in the United States or the appropriate health agency of your country. For more information regarding site usage, please visit: Privacy Information, Terms of Use or Disclaimer.